Letter to Lawn Care Professionals
Dear Lawn Care Professional,
In my last letter, I notified you that DuPont would be launching a claims process related to the use of DuPont™ Imprelis® herbicide. I am writing today to communicate the details of this process and to reinforce our commitment to you and your customers.
We have been working with arborists to evaluate the trees most likely to recover and those that may require removal and replacement. Here are the main components of the claims resolution process for those properties that may have experienced damage related to Imprelis® use:
- Removal and disposal: DuPont will compensate you for removal and disposal of impacted evergreen trees which are unlikely to recover, or we will provide this service for you through our contracted partners.
- Replacement or compensation: DuPont will compensate you for replacing evergreen trees that are unlikely to recover or we will directly pay property owners if they choose not to replace these trees.
- Replacement tree care: To support the long-term health of replacement trees, DuPont will pay for care programs after replanting.
- Warranty: DuPont will provide a two-year warranty to program participants for all replacement trees. Should Imprelis® cause any impact to other trees on your customers’ properties during the next two years this warranty will cover those trees as well.
- Maintenance of other impacted trees: DuPont will pay for efforts to assist the recovery of other trees impacted by Imprelis® use. If the tree does not recover satisfactorily by June 2012, then DuPont will pay to replace the tree or provide additional care.
- Additional compensation to property owners: To cover costs, inconveniences and other possible impacts associated with Imprelis®, DuPont will provide participating property owners an additional direct payment based on a fixed percentage of the total validated claim.
We recognize that damage possibly associated with Imprelis® use may have put you in a difficult position. Our goal is to provide a satisfactory outcome that minimizes any negative impact on your customer relationships.
Since you know your customers’ situation the best, we encourage you to support your customers as outlined in the enclosed attachments. DuPont will compensate you for these efforts.
We understand how busy you are, so if you are unable to serve in this role, we will contract with a tree care company in your area to support this process for your customers. If you want us to engage a tree company we still need you to participate in the process in a limited role in the interest of efficiency, accuracy and long-term customer relationships.
Attached to this message you will find an overview of the claims process. We believe this process provides the framework for a fair resolution that you and your customers can count on. If you have any questions or concerns about the attached claims process overview please contact us at 1-866-796-4783.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation as we continue to work together to ensure that all affected parties are fairly compensated. Again, we regret any damage or inconvenience that the use of Imprelis® may have caused. We remain committed to your satisfaction and the proper stewardship of our products.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Global Business Leader
DuPont Professional Products